I’m convinced that 2014 will be a gamechanging year for Arapahoe Road Baptist Church. Am I going by gut-feeling? Possibly. While I do operate on facts, statistics, and various other tangible evidences, I also operate on what I call ‘pastoral feel’ (count on that as a blog post later).
For the next three months, we will spend our Sunday mornings looking at a new vision for ARBC. The vision, in essence, is this:
Helping all peoples take the next step in their journey with Christ.
And how do we know that they are moving in the right direction? When they see that Jesus is enough. The only change that matters is the change that Jesus brings.
So as I was going through my Bible reading back in late November thinking about 2014 and beyond, God providentially brought me to Romans 12-16. And it became as clear as can be. The steps rose to the top as we look at taking those next steps:
- Come (Romans 12:1-2)
- Connect (Romans 12:3-8)
- Contribute (Romans 12:9-13)
- All undergirded and fed with the notion of Cultivate (Romans 12:14-21) as we grow in all aspects of this vision God has given.
As we continue looking at this section of Romans, we begin to look at how this vision plays in our…
- Culture (from the aspect of ‘Come’)(Romans 13:1-7)
- Community (‘Come) (Romans 13:8; Romans 15:1-7)—broken up into two sermons)
- Congregation (‘Connect)(Romans 14)
- Creation/the Nations (‘Connect’)(Romans 15:8-33)
- Lastly, looking at the beauty of ‘Contributing’ from Romans 16.
Our church is engaging in a number of endeavors to refocus all of our teams and systems on the Great Commission, bringing them all under an evangelism umbrella. There must be a purpose to why we do things—never simply doing them just because. Christ died to redeem His church for a more viable reason than “just because.”
Pray for your pastors and leaders in these various processes as we prayerfully look to get ARBC maturing and ministering inwardly, and mobilizing outwardly.
Keep an eye on what’s happening, but moreso, keep an eye on our Lord Jesus. ARBC belongs to Him.
Are you ready to take that next step?