What a wonderful morning we had at Boone’s Creek Baptist Church!
- We looked at 2 Corinthians 5:11-15 and asked the question, “Are you teachable?” Far too many people believe they either need just enough to get by, don’t believe they have the ability to understand the Scriptures, or they only learn so they can be the expert in the room! Yet, God is looking for those who are hungry for the Word of God!
- This passage stands in the shadow of 2 Corinthians 5:10: “For we all will stand at the judgment seat of Christ.” This elicits a fear of the Lord in knowing we will give an account for everything we’ve done and said and thought—but it also elicits a love for Christ (a love he has put in us—see 2 Corinthians 5:14) in that through his death and resurrection, He has removed the penalty and nullifies the power of sin in the lives of a Christian!
- One of our members gave an incredible testimony/request for prayer that Satan would not steal away the joy of Christ’s birth! We were able to come around her as a body of believers to pray for her. My desire is that Boone’s Creek would be a safe place for people to ask for prayer, bring questions about the faith, and to learn about the joy of Jesus Christ!
- Our Operation Christmas Child 100 Box Challenge is underway. Our folks brought in 83 boxes (our most ever!)—leaving us only 17 away. We will drop them off on Saturday, so you have six more days to bring in those 22 boxes that will bring smiles and change lives for Jesus!
And I can’t wait for…
- Our Thanksgiving Dinner and Fellowship on Tuesday night, November 23. Beginning at 6:00, come for some food, fellowship, and testimonies about the faith! Individuals $3.50. Families $10.00. Bring a friend and kick off the Thanksgiving holiday with your family of faith!
- Our international missions emphasis begins on November 28.
- Annual Christmas Dinner and Semi-Annual Blood Drive will be on the afternoon of Sunday, December 12th. Click here to schedule your donation appointment on-line. Please fill out the required donor form as requested. You will be prompted to enter a sponsor code in order to view our upcoming blood drives. The sponsor code for this organization is 034-185. Select the blood drive date desired and choose from available appointment times.
- Christmas Musicals: Our children’s musical “Christmas Hangups” will be on Wednesday, December 8th at 6:30 and our adult musical “Sing Joy” will be on Sunday evening, December 12th at 7:00 p.m. This is an excellent “come and see” type evangelism where our friends and family will be confronted by the true meaning of Christmas—the birth of our Lord Jesus who came to save his people from their sins (Matthew 1:21).
Next Sunday, I’ll be preaching on “Why Being Thankful Matters” from Romans 1:18-32. The evidence of a thankful heart bodes well for the believer. The absence of a thankful heart puts one on the most slippery of slopes.
See you next Lord’s Day!