Even though I wasn’t preaching at Boone’s Creek Baptist Church this morning due to my preaching revival services at Allansville Baptist Church outside of Winchester, Kentucky. But from what I hear…
- Cameron Potts and Bo McMillan faithfully dealt the Word of God during our morning and evening services! This is the most important task on the planet—and I’m thankful that God brought those two young men in our path. Cam is an MDiv student at Southern Seminary , and Bo is serving on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ at Eastern Kentucky University.
- I’m grateful for Kenneth Clayton and Jimmy Brown for their testimony regarding the importance and benefits of one-to-one discipleship. Kenneth leads our REACH small group ministry at our church has developed a helpful scheme for lifestyle discipleship. Kenneth discipled Jimmy, who now works in Louisville, and testified of how helpful this ministry was to his life. These testimonies encourage all of us to pursue Christ harder and trust Him with the details of our lives. God has placed each of us in one another’s lives to help sharpen one another in the faith (Proverbs 27:17). This is why God commanded us to worship and assemble together (Hebrews 10:25).
- We will be voting next Sunday night to be the primary sponsor to a church plant in Hazard, Kentucky. Information has been sent via e-mail and given out in hard copies both at our September Business Meeting along with this Sunday morning. While we are proposing a three-year commitment at a modest $100 per month, we will also provide manpower and prayer support. This is an answer to prayer! We have been longing to have an avenue to reach the Appalachian people in eastern Kentucky. I pray that that we will take advantage of this golden opportunity.
- Pray for our Fall Harvest Party on Wednesday, October 27th. I’m grateful for our children’s ministry workers, youth, and adults who will kick in to make this a special night for our children (and their parents). Pray we would make some good contacts that will bring in a great harvest for the Kingdom! Reach the children, reach the parents. Bring the kids!
- We are having an awesome response to our REASON FOR GOD Weekend on Saturday, October 30! This will be a low-key, high impact time to help look at the reasons why many discount the existence and work of the biblical God. Pray that both believers and skeptics will be strenghtened in their understanding of the reason we have for our faith in Christ. Takes place from 10-2!
- We will be collecting Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on Sunday, November 14th (a scant four weeks away). Our church averages between 60-70 boxes collected. Let’s go for 100 boxes this year! Watch those videos and see what kind of eternal impact you can make on a child. Are you up to the challenge, Boone’s Creek?
- IMPACTT 2011 is gaining steam! This our missions trip to Trinidad over Fayette County/Clark County Spring Break. We will go Thursday, March 31-Friday, April 8. IMPACTT stands for International Missions—Planting Authentic Churches in Trinidad and Tobago. We have a team of 8 committed right now. We will vote at our November business meeting for the church’s blessing. How will you be a part?
Next Sunday, I will be preaching from 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 as we continue our series on Gospel-Gripped Character. We will look at the trait of resiliency! This is a great message for those who may be losing heart in their Christian walk. Come, be encouraged, challenged, and changed for the glory of God!